Monday, February 13, 2012

Five People I Saw Today.

1. A boy studying. I feel like I haven't seen somebody reading from a book in a long time that's not me. I'd be willing to bet he's either a biology major or pre-med - he looks pretty serious about whatever he's reading.

2. A girl eating chips. Not brand name - something health conscious, probably rice or soy based. They look good enough. I'd probably eat them, but that isn't saying much.

3. A girl on her laptop. It's an HP - not school bought, but not terribly expensive. She's been speaking loudly enough that everybody around her knows what she's reading about. I wonder if they're laughing because she's funny or because they want her to shut up.

4. Another girl on a laptop. It's a Mac - more toy than computer. Custom blue case, kind of a silly color. She's been laughing at 3. for as long as she's been speaking, which is nothing to laugh at. She's a trooper.

5. A boy on his phone. Nobody's sitting with him, and nobody's really talking to him. I almost want to sit with him, but Lord knows I won't. He could smell! Besides, he's been texting furiously for a few minutes, and I wouldn't want to interrupt.

2 comments: