Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Contact (sort of)

I haven't been good about updating this blog in the past week or so, but my work may finally be paying off. I received a few (!) messages from Chris Stedman, both via e-mail and Twitter, about working together, somehow! He read my piece (mentioned in a previous post) and seemed interested in discussing some of what wasn't discussed explicitly in the piece - between the lines, if you will. What would happen if a Roman Catholic and a Faitheist walked into a bar? I was juggling two options: either an interview, or an NPS-style blog post. With Chris traveling so often (he'd only just returned from Australia when we spoke), the interview seemed less and less likely, and the post became quite doable. While playing Words with Friends, though, I had a revelation: Why not do both? My NPS-style post could second as the beginning of a conversation piece, an introduction to a dialogue, in what could be an ongoing discussion of living well, with and without faith. Perhaps a new blog, on my part, in response to the Faitheist movement, would be the answer. I'm not sure! What're your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment